Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Meatloaf

Today we spent the day with my little sister and her boyfriend. He has never had meatloaf so I decided to make one. I usually make one using Lipton Beefy Onion Soup mix but I decided not to do that and just kind of went with it.

Ingredients:
1 pound hamburger
1 pound ground sausage
1 onion finely chopped
1 green pepper finely chopped
2 eggs
1 c oatmeal
1/2 c milk
1/2 c ketchup
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients. I find it easier to mix everything except the meat in a large bowl, make sure your eggs are mixed up, and then add the meat. I use a 13 X 9 glass pan and shape the mixture into a loaf. Cook for 1 hour. Spread additional ketchup on top if desired. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment