Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homemade Burritos and Guacamole


I love guacamole!!!! I like all kinds of Mexican food. It is by far one of my most favorite kinds of food. I am not the best at making authentic Mexican food, but I am working on getting there. Tonight's dinner was very easy. My husband made burritos and when I got home I made guacamole. We make our own taco/burrito seasoning.









Ingredients: - Seasoning

1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
Chipotle Tabasco Sauce

Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Depending how spicy you and your family like your food add as much or as little as you would like. I make about one pound of hamburger and add all of this. I then add the Tabasco sauce to taste, a few shakes. The sauce is a smoky flavor, very good.


Now on to the guacamole!!




Ingredients: - Guacamole

4-5 large avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 tsp cumin
1 Roma tomato, I used a regular vine tomato because I had a big one and need some of it for burrito toppings
2 serrano chili peppers, seeded
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1/2 red onion chopped
cilantro chopped, about 1/2 cup
3-4 tbsp lime juice
pepper
sea salt

Add peppers, cilantro, and cumin to a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add avocados, lightly pulse. I like my guacamole to be a little chunky, others like it smooth. It is really your decision on how you want it. Stir in chopped onion, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper. I have been making guacamole for years, and every time I make it I will add a little of this, or a little of that. I always do the lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. If you don't have a food processor no worries. Make sure that the peppers and cilantro are chopped. How big is really up to you, I do mine finely chopped. Cut the avocados up and then I used use a potato masher and mash them up and then add everything. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment