Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Beginning

Today is day one, March 8th 2011.  My name is Casie.  This is my first time blogging.  I have no idea what I am doing but I am going to try.  Everyone tells me to say who I am and why I am doing this.

Who am I? Well I am a woman, wife, sister, daughter, and friend.  I have no children (yet). I work full time, most weeks closer to 50 hours rather than 40.  In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my friends and family.  I live 250 miles away from the majority of my family, I have my husband and my little sister.  I really enjoy what little time I can spend with the rest of family.  I also have a great group of friends that I call my family away from family, they have been an amazing source of support this past year.  So, I guess that's who I am.

Why have I chosen to blog?  Well, I enjoy hosting my friends at my house.  I love cooking and trying new recipes.  I make pillows and curtains. I find great pleasure in decorating and making my home beautiful on the inside and the outside.  People have told me: "I don't know how you do it," and "I couldn't do this unless I was a stay at home."  Well that got me to thinking, who in the world can be a stay at home mom now-a-days?  Times are different than they were 40 years ago.  We need 2 vehicles, we need the nice house filled with all the nice things, we need awesome vacations.... basically we "need" all of these great things that are rather wants not needs but its the way life is.  Personally, I don't want to sacrifice the life I have just so I can say I am a homemaker, in the traditional sense.  I love my life, I enjoy being able to do what we do.  I also enjoy being a homemaker.  Who says that we as women (yes I know there are stay at home dads, and men who are homemakers but it is primarily women) have to sacrifice a career in order to be a homemaker?  I don't think its necessary.  This is a blog about what I think is the modern homemaker.  It will include recipes that I am trying for the first time, and ones I have done for years.  There will be cooking/baking tips that I think help to make life easier.  I don't have the time to spend hours preparing a meal so they will be fast, simple, and easy recipes.  I will post pictures of the things I sew and the techniques I am learning.  Lastly, how to make a house a home.  Decorating tips, gardening tips, etc.  I would like to say that in no way, shape, or form do I claim to be an expert in any of these areas.  Just what I do to make it easier to successfully work, and take care of my home, all without going insane.  Please feel free to share any of your experiences and hopefully we can all learn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment