Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lemon Bars

My best friend came to visit and one of her favorite desserts is lemon bars so I made a recipe that I have had for a while. Super easy and very tasty!!

Ingredients:
Crust:
2 c flour
1 c confectioners sugar
pinch of salt
2 sticks butter softened

Filling:
4 eggs
2 c sugar
6 tbsp flour
6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
zest from one lemon




Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°, grease 9X13X2 pan.

Crust:
Mix dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Press mixture into pan. (dip fingers in powder sugar to avoid sticking to fingers.) I don't use all of the crust mixture mainly because I am not a huge fun of pie crust and I don't like when it over powers the filling. I evenly press the mixture in the pan. I probably use 2/3 of the mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes. Cool while making filling.

Filling:
Mix all ingredients. Pour over bake crust. Bake for 25 minutes.
Let set in fridge for 4-6 hours (I put it in the fridge over night), sprinkle with additional powder sugar if desired.

I love these lemon bars. The only thing is I wish they were thicker. I am going to try some different recipes. Sometimes when I make lemon bars they get what looks like foam on top. I was concerned that I was doing something wrong so I asked a friend who use to own a bakery and she said it happens to her too sometimes and not to be concerned. I just sprinkle with powder sugar so no one knows. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment