Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Homemade Cornbread

I made chili recently and decided to try my hand at cornbread.  I usually hate cornbread because it is dry so I was very apprehensive about it.  This was actually rather moist and tasted great in the chili.  The sweet-ness helped counteract the spicy-ness of the chili without canceling the flavors.  Very good!










Ingredients:
2/3 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
3 eggs
1 2/3 c milk
2 1/3 c all purpose flour
1 c cornmeal
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Directions:
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine the eggs and milk. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture. 

2.Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° F for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm. 

This was the best cornbread I have ever had!




No comments:

Post a Comment