Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grandma's Famous Meatballs aka Bavarian Meatballs

This is by far my favorite dish ever!  Whenever I go home my grandma makes these for me.  I believe they are called Bavarian meatballs.  I started out by making some homemade meatballs, let them cool over night, and the next day mix all the sauce ingredients with meatballs in a crock pot and let it cook together.  The ingredients seem really weird but when you combine them it is delicious!!








Meatballs

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger
1 egg
2 tbsp water
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
splash of Worcestershire sauce

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine all ingredients, form into 1 inch balls.  Place on a a cookie pan, or a sheet cake pan.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Sauce

Ingredients:
12 oz jar of Chili sauce
1 can (16 oz) cranberry sauce
1 16 oz can Sauerkraut, un-drained


1.  Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.  Fill chill sauce jar 1/2 up with water, shake to get excess chili sauce, add to crock pot.
2.  Add meatballs.  Cook in crock pot for 2-3 hours or until meatballs are hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment