Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Chili Lasagna

I love lasagna!  It is so easy to make, you can make it in advance, and it is delicious!  I recently found this recipe for Chili Lasagna that seemed delicious.  My husband thought the same thing when I emailed the recipe to him!  I made my own enchilada sauce, which I guess kind of makes the recipe my own.  I suggest that anyone who likes lasagna and anyone who likes chili to make this at some point.









Ingredients:
9 lasagna noodles
1 lb ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
1 egg
20 oz enchilada sauce
2 (15oz) Ricotta cheese
1 c monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend.

Directions:
1.  Cook noodles according to the package.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F.
3. Crumble beef into a nonstick skillet.  Add onion, green pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder, and pepper.  Cook until brown.  Stir in 3/4 c enchilada sauce.
4. In a bowl lightly beat egg, stir in ricotta cheese, 1/2 c shredded cheese, and remaining spices.
5. Spread 1/2 c sauce on bottom of pan.  Arrange 3 noodles on top of sauce, spread cheese mixture on top of noodles, arrange 3 noodles on top of cheese mixture, spread beef mixture on top of noodles.  Top with remaining noodles spread with remaining enchilada sauce.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.  Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.  Let set for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment