Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Enchilda Sauce

I made a chili lasagna, and one of the ingredients was Enchilada sauce.  I decided to try my hand at making my own homemade sauce.  It was easy and delicious!  The one thing that I have learned because of this blog is that cooking does not need to be complicated, nor does it need to be expensive.  This is a great recipe and I will definitely be making some home enchiladas using this recipe for the sauce.














Ingredients:
4 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 c water
2 8oz cans of tomato paste
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt

Directions:
1. heat oil, flour and chili powder together in a large pot, allow to cook for a minute or two.
2. Add reaming ingredients, bring to a slow simmer.  Stir well.  Allow to cook for at least 20 minutes on a low heat.  Stirring occasionally.

This sauce is simple, and so easy to make.  I thought I might mess something up because when you cook just the flour, water and chili powder it cooks funny, but nope did not mess it up and it was delicious in my lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment