Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Spicy Apricot Grilled Chicken

My 6 year old niece was recently selling magazines for her 1st grade class so she sent me a post card about it with a PS saying "Aunt Casie, Please help my class."  So freaking adorable!  I decided to order one magazine subscription, Food & Wine.  It was one only $20 for the whole year and I figured of all the things I spend $20 I can help my niece.  I love the magazine!! I learn a lot of new techniques and a ton of great recipes.  I saw this recipe and it said to do it with wings, but I didn't have wings just chicken breast so I decided to make it with breasts.  I also added some Chipotle Chili Powder for extra seasoning.















Ingredients:
1/2 c apricot preserves
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp ground black pepper, I used coarse black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder, I used 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
1 tsp sweet paprika, I couldn't find SWEET paprika so I used regular
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
6 5 oz pieces of chicken breasts, thighs or 3 lbs chicken wings

Directions:
1. Combine everything but chicken in a large bowl.  Separate half into a medium bowl.
2. Toss chicken in one of the bowls and let set for 5 minutes.
3 Grill the chicken on a medium-high heat.  Lightly brush the chicken with the additional sauce, close grill cover.  Cook for about 8-10 minutes.  Turn chicken over, lightly brush chicken with additional sauce.  Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until done which is an internal temperature of 165° F.  Brush remaining sauce on chicken.

This chicken was AMAZING!  Fruity, yet spicy.  Very easy, and I had almost all the ingredients so it was very inexpensive.  Absolutely delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment